Tuesday, February 21, 2006

February 21, 2006
Gunman still on loose in Watsonville's first homicide of 2006
Santa Cruz Sentinel
WATSONVILLE — Police are searching for the gunman in what they say was a gang-related shooting Sunday that left one man bleeding to death on the lawn of an apartment complex on the city's West side.
The victim, Arturo Ortega Cardenas, 31, of Watsonville, was shot several times in his upper abdomen and died at the scene, police Capt. Manny Solano said.










I wonder where this guy went to church. I wonder what church in the area was reaching out to him. I wonder if he knew Jesus’ love and forgiveness through God’s missional people. I wonder if anyone ever emerged into his neighborhood.











I wonder if this guy could go to church. For that matter, I wonder if this guy would ever get invited to church. I wonder if this guy could tell you what "missional" people look like.

"Your son' suffering is a challenge to God. India's (SC Gang member's) brokeness is an even greater challenge to Him. What is He going to do about His creation which is now so ugly and so painful? Satan used man and woman to spoil God's creation. God responds by sending His men and women--the missionaries--to begin to restore what has now become so ugly. The New Global Mission-Pg.85-Samuel Escobar
God give us the strength to be that church.

No comments: