Tuesday, November 20, 2007



Finally. It's now 10:50 & we are just able to enter a room at the Vet's Hall. We walk upstairs to the largest Studio as people in exercise garmets are leaving. I see Manuel who is opening up all the windows in the room; why? I'm unsure, but he's in a hurry. When I enter the room clarity hits me in the face; the smell of human sweat, mixed with incense, has been cultivated into a unique aroma that comes about by exercise & high temperatures. Antioch Church, meet your new neighbors: One Yoga. They ask what we are doing & when we tell them why someone replies, "Welcome to our sacred space." What a blessing to be able to love on these people each Sunday.

As I was driving down the hill, the manager of the facility called me & said, "Sorry, but the Rotary Club needs your room, I'll post a sign outside the door." As I arrived I found the sign he so politely posted for us: "Antioch Church & those meeting Sean please meet at San Lorenzo Park at 10am." It's the thought that counts man, thank you. As people start to arrive I'm standing there feeling like my head is about to burst open & my friends would see my brains ooze down the sidewalk as a gooey mess.






Needless to say, God made it happen. Later, we found ourselves in a room & I got to worship God with people who exist as a people, because I was obedient to God; & he is wonderful enough to use me even when I don't think I can walk on water, but I get out anyways. Who new becoming a new creation in Christ could happnen on an hourly basis.

Anyways, later that day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah... the Vet's Hall. We rented the Vet's Hall for our first two Easter Sunday gatherings and also for a prayer meeting. It was a cool place to be and the people were really nice. We still need to hook up sometime!

Dan

WTF?! said...

so, is that first picture of you? or the second one?


I heard you got a surprise visit, ours was planned, but I still had the 'dad's checking my homework feeling.'

that's for you PM ;-)

I've been meaning to call you and chat, but man this past week was full of people!