Thursday, October 15, 2009

What do you think about this:

I don't think it's sin that ultimately ruins us. We all deal with sin; actually right now you have sin you are dealing with & not dealing with; yet you can still function as a child of God & are able to share in God's Kingdom ministry in spite of our attitudes this morning or lustful thoughts this afternoon. Sin exists within you & won't be removed until we are resurrected with Christ. We are presently Saints who sin.

Sin isn't the issue that ruins us: Secrets are. Of course keeping secrets can be sin, but work with what I'm saying. Lusting after something is sin. However, I have lustful thoughts throughout the day: Nice wave! I wish I was more... Nice smile...etc. That said, when I don't tell anyone I'm wrestling with lust, lust grows & becomes a monster in my life. Keeping secrets is deadly. My daily sin is a spark; keeping my daily sin (constantly) secret (we know when we are) is gas & dry wood; then I have a problem.

My daily sin won't work me over. My daily sin, kept to myself, will grow into a beast I am unable to control, & will therefore ruin me.

I have nothing to gain; nothing to hide; nothing to prove; nothing to lose.

How I wish that were true!!

Secrets kill.

No comments: