Saturday, March 15, 2008

We are going through Mark right now & last week we looked at the passage when Jesus calms the storm. One thing we discussed was the two groups: Those on the shore & those in the boat (boats actually). Here's something from tomorrow's sermon I especially like.

Sadly, we have been trained to read & think of scripture as "truth to be understood," rather than "life to be lived." Too, Jesus isn't a "truth to be understood," although he is truth; he is life, & gives a "life to be lived." Are you standing on the shore or are you in the boat with Jesus?

I'm on a surfboard, but Jesus understands.

2 comments:

WTF?! said...

I loved the surfing metaphor from World Mandate, do you remember that?

PS If you had my son at your house you would throw things at him as well!

Sean said...

I wouldn't throw things at your son. Because if I did my children wouldn't fear my ability to strike them with objects while they're on the run.

The surfing word was great. I should remember it more often & relax.