Monday, May 05, 2008

Well the long awaited time of truth has arrived: We're having a girl! Alas, Siena is going to have some competition for her princess throne. Another girl, wow. Jonathan, if we're done at 3 kids, is going to be the baby boy.

This last Saturday we did our first ever fund-raiser here in SC. We're going to Mexico to build a house for some homeless people this summer & need some duckets to get there, so, on with the carwashes! It was great. I love being out there telling people about who we are & what we're doing. Too, Janine scored a table for us at a Farmer's Market & we're hoping to get donations for: cookies, salsa, & home roasted fair-trade organic Mexican coffee! Once again, it is awesome to get out there with the peeps.

My manager's dad came to church yesterday because she told him he should check it out. How cool is that?

We're all doing good. We keep "inviting & including," which can become a little difficult at times. A lot of inviting & not too many people show up, but nothing new there. People are showing up & sticking. I guess I'm very thankful for the health of our church, since I hear of more church plants failing (especially those starting with small teams) in Santa Cruz than succeeding. In fact, the Vineyard church in Scotts Valley (5 miles away from SC) tried starting a church in the building we meet in on Sundays & it didn't work out. So, I should thank my Lucky Charms (Jesus & Co.) for what's happening with us; because in all reality, there's a whole lot of cool stuff happening in our little church.


Here's a shot of what the "houses" look like before & after.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Has Seneca Stuck since you were pregnant with Jonathan? You have to let me know when you decide on a name!!
When's the Mexico trip, again?

Rick Mazaira said...

Sean- find what you're good at as a church... love the ones you do it with & do it for the rest of your lives... that's it!

Shalom

PCYM said...

Sean, This is Don Smith. We took a class together at Simpson a couple of years back (Church Leadership or something...and me and another guy made you feel uncomfortable when you tried to lead the group...please forgive... again) I am sitting in YAKS (doing school work) and talked to Karri about you and found your blog!! It is so awesome how God is using you in my home town of Santa Cruz. I will be down in June and will look you up. I will add you to our church prayer list along with you blog on our site...catch a wave for me. Don

Sean said...

Jess, as of yet we have no name, but I have some ideas. Seneca sounds pretty cool though. Mexico is July 1-5 & you're invited to go.

Doulos, love the idea & we're trying it.

Don, no worries about the odd experiment in our class, it was great. I would love to catch a wave for you, & one for me.

Caleb said...

Congratultions!!!!