Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Well last week I got laid off from Fleet Feet. We didn't expect this to happen & it was a bit of a surprise to me (although not to my wife). However, for the first time since living in SC God has given me peace about finances. Although, it has never really been one of my pet vices, living in the 7th most expensive city in America presents some unique circumstances. So, my wife & I are convinced God wants us to press into working with the church, & SC, as a full-time gig. I will not be looking for work anytime soon; yet at the same time, I will be spending my time doing discipleship & evangelism non-stop (I did this before, but also helped people find why shoe inserts could benefit them.) The church is growing & the timing seems right. Although the church cannot fully support us, we are approaching our finances like missionaries & raising support, which, thankfully through a host of wonderful friends & family, is allowing all of this to happen. Too, just having this last week off has made a huge difference in my wife. Being bi-vocational & one of those responsibilities being the church stretches us & having 3 kids under the age of 5 & a crazy husband who is highly distractionable is tough on little Linda! So, all that to say; God is still God & we are still his beautiful people!

3 comments:

Caleb said...

My friend I wish I had a cool mil to send your way but I think that we are in similar boats at the moment. Best of luck brother. I'm excited to hear about all of the ways that God will be blessing you.

JUAN said...

You're the man!

Jesse Arlen said...

NOOO FLEET FEET!!! (Selfish anger on my part, I realize)

Well, I am encouraged to hear how well you are resonding to this, but I will miss so much seeing you come into the coffee shop. I am glad that you are able now to give all your time to evangelism, discipleship and your family, for I am sure there is so much opportunity for you to do good work in the Lord.