Monday, May 04, 2009

What's up party people!?

Church is really a weird thing. I think the only thing consistent with our church at this point in time is: God's consistency. Often times, from my perspective, it all seems very jumbled. I was talking to Jeff the other day & mentioned, "starting a church is kinda' like a riding a bike with wheels that don't have all the spokes in them." Bumpy. Funny. Painful. However, as time goes on more spokes are added (I'm not talking about more people.) & things will start to smooth out, although, if the Mystery is leading, it will never feel totally smooth; once again from our perspective. This all requires: Faith, Hope, Trust, Crying(?), & Celebration; Not to mention a wonderful family to explore & live out God's purposes with.

We're seeing awesome things happening within our fellowship. We threw a B-Day party for one of the people in our church & invited all sorts of people & all sorts of people showed up! Those who knew Jesus & those who didn't had wonderful fellowship celebrating someone's birth; that was cool. It was really cool to hear the many different conversations happening around several different dinner tables. Some were talking about spirituality, some were talking about the Bulls winning, some were talking about surfing. However, coolest of all was: Everyone was invited by a friend. I don't take this for granted. Having an outward mission statement & living an outward life can be two totally different things; & believe me we've had to work on this by asking wonderful questions to each other!

Often times I want to run from all of this, but I know this is where God has me. I'm scared of seeing all of this fail; & I'm equally scared of seeing all of this succeed, which is weird. However, I trust Him; I know Him; I want to offer Him the fruits of His salvation in my life; I don't want to shrink from the call He has for me: Failure or success.

1 comment:

Caleb said...

From an outside perspective it has been an adventure reading about your journey. Thanks for continuing to share with all of us. It awesome seeing Gods hand in all of this.