Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I was recently invited to go to a prayer retreat for the pastors of the churches in Santa Cruz. To say the least, it was amazing. About 25 of us went & I was really blessed by the humility of all the guys there. We started with a "log-in" time, which is a time to share what has been happening in your life. I was very impressed by what I heard from this group of pastors: honesty, transparency, humility, etc. Only a couple of guys held back, but most were willing to reveal their "thorns."

Too, being the youngest man in the room, I was stunned by our worship. I found myself crying several times as these older awesome men of God belted out songs of thankfulness to Christ. I really lost it today when we sang some hymns & these guys really let it out. I realized these were their songs. These are the songs that encouraged them through the night. I was honored to be in the presence of those who have tarried long before me. It was an encouraging.

2 comments:

WTF?! said...

amen

Unknown said...

So stoked to hear that connection is happening. You are the perfect man to represent the younger generation my friend.