Monday, June 28, 2010

Great stuff from N.T. Wright

...we've got to tell the truth about God, that God is not the same as the world, as in Pantheism, nor is God a million miles away from the world, as in many dualistic schemes, but that heaven and earth have overlapped and interlocked once and for all and forever in Jesus, and that ultimately they will overlap and interlock entirely.

Never go near any theology which cannot play out into Isaiah 11, because if you do you'll be colluding with dualism, sure as anything.

We will discover what it means to be genuinely human as we go in the service of the Kingdom of God, should I say the Empire of God.

1 comment:

LindaFaye said...

I do love to talk theology, but have to labor over the language at times. What I did resonate with in this post is the idea of feeling most human when serving Jesus. I have had some moments like that when I think, "This is what I was created for!" The longer I live, the closer together and more frequent I hope those moments will become!!