Monday, February 21, 2011

I'm Too Busy

"I'm too busy." Really? Too busy? Too busy to: Pray, read, share, love, sit, rest, worship, etc. Too busy? Too busy.

I often wonder what we're too busy doing. Why is it that spiritual exercises: Service, prayer, reading, meditation, hospitality, or singing aren't refreshing to us; yet physical activity is something we can find time for (when we aren't MAKING time for movies).

Time released a new study on time, at least time spent in physical activity.

Time: Santa Cruz 4th most active city in the country

SANTA CRUZ - Time magazine has taken what they call geographical sloth distribution data from the Centers for Disease Control and compiled a list of the 15 most active cities in the country, placing Santa Cruz fourth on that list.

In reality, someone who says, "I don't have enough time to do that," isn't telling the truth (lying? maybe not sooo intentionally); because everyone has the same amount of time. What should be said is, "I don't find that activity valuable enough to devote what time I do have." That's a bit more honest. Right?

Please stop saying you don't have time; in reality that's all you have. It's a measure of value as to where you place yourself for a given period of time. I don't value that, but I do value this.

We do have time & we spend it on what we value most. It's never been about time, but I often find we blame it. Time isn't the issue; value is.

I wonder what SC would look like if it were rated: Ranked 4th in the nation for churches living out Kingdom values.

But, who has time for that? Too many new releases, trails to run, bodies to look at in the gym, & waves to surf.

& yes I do run ultra-marathons so I get the rub.

No comments: