Saturday, September 17, 2005

Last night we played indoor soccer. Laben, Jeff, and myself joined up with the league to make some friends with folks who don’t know Jesus. We’re not sure how it’s all gonna work out since the guys on our team take off pretty quick to go drinking. No joke, last week we had a late game (9pm) and most of the team didn’t show up because they were too ripped to make it. One guy came hammered and played better than I would have in that state. There is one guy, Brian whom we all agree seems interested in hanging out, so we’ll see when we can hang out with him. It is pretty awesome though to be teammates with these guys. We’re gonna give them free drink cards to the Koffee shop our church owns www.yakskoffee.com; we’ll see how it goes.
Well I set a great example last night by almost getting in a fight! Go pastor Sean!! This dude runs into me hard and I grab his shirt for two reasons:
One-I’m pissed off
Two-I’m trying not to fall over.
Of course the guy starts yelling at me. I wasn’t trying to start a fight; I was reacting wrongly to a wrong against me. I told the guy “You know you’re in the wrong man, you slammed into me.” He continued to tell me to “-----------!” Well we were both wrong (the ref did give us the ball!), but I know better. (Once again, just knowing something doesn’t mean you’ll do it) After the game I apologized to him, which is never easy. He shrugged me off. Hopefully I see him around town and I get a chance to talk to him. Maybe we’ll laugh about it; exchange stories.
Nobody said I’m doing it right, but I’m out there trying.

No comments: